Wednesday, September 14, 2011

CRAZY!!

The Triple Wide
(this is an older picture from July)

Last week Chad, my mom, my sister, the three babies and myself took a drive up to Heber to enjoy Swiss Days.  We go every year and love it.  We never really buy anything except my mom always buys a "swiss taco" and piece of pie.  Any how on this lovely weekend we took this triple stroller and loaded the babes into it.  They love their stroller and it's very nice for me to have them contained in one spot. Plus it was an opportunity to get out of my house and enjoy some sunshine.  You would not believe the comments I received while pushing this triple wide.  I was somewhere between a celebrity and a freak show!!!  Most people were nice and thought the babies were cute, sweet etc, etc, but we had a few comments like this "Are you crazy?" "Holy (swearword)", "Your Crazy", "Better you than me".  Now these comments I don't like.  No I am not crazy (yet) and how can you say these things while looking at these three angelic faces who were as good as gold...never complained, whined or made a peep...just smiled at the passerbys and the RUDE commenters!!!  "Better you than me"??? Absolutely better me, I adore my kids, my life, my craziness and yes I CHOSE and was blessed to have a big family. (As a teenager, I had a sister who went through years of infertility and heart break and could only have one child. At that time I would pray that I someday would be able to have lots and lots of children, so worried that I too would suffer from infertility.) This is my lovely life.  I understand if this is not the life of choice for most people, I get that!!  It takes a TON of sacrifice, a supportive spouse, a loss of identity (for a little bit) and a whole lotta poop, spit up, laundry and tears to make it through every single day.  It's not always fun and it costs lots and lots of $$$ to raise a family this size...or any size for that matter!!!  So to those people who think I am crazy...I am so so sorry for your ignorance. I am not crazy for having nine great kids who love each other, play with each other, take care and nurture one another, laugh with each other, always have a buddy to ride a ride with or give them a push on the swing, play board games with each other, support and encourage one another.  This family life I have choose is better than I could have ever imagined it to be for me. It may be a crazy time in our lives but that does not make us crazy for choosing this life.  Plus I get to drive a sweet 12 passenger van...my dream car! (wink)
our LIFE IS GOOD!

5 comments:

  1. You are an amazing reminder of what life is all about here:) LOVE your attitude! You and Chad are incredible parents and I am grateful to have the chance to know you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only had six but have had similar comments. All I can say is I love your attitude, and appreciate your sensitivity. Infertility and loss are soooo hard, but they bring perspective. I am so, so grateful for every moment of the big family experience. Wouldn't have missed it for anything, and there was a time I didn't think it would ever be possible. I'm never gonna be ready to be an empty nester! Keep your head up, friend. Others usually mean well, but say unfortunate things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! We got those comments all the time - we have six but my kids are all little so they look closer together and younger than they are. Now when people say something, I love that I can say, " we have a lot of fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's crazy how people don't even know how rude they are being when they say those things. Your kids are adorable and you are wonderful parents... in fact will you adopt me? Because you look like you have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete