Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sick Sunday Babies

I am sitting at home while most of my family is at church.  I have three sleeping babies, one who is not feeling very well.  It has been over a month since I have been able to attend all of my church meetings.  I miss it.  I miss sitting with my children, I miss the association I have with members of my church.  I miss feeling the spirit of testimony, the Gospel and the good people (friends) who I get to see by attending church.  I am grateful for these three little stinkers who I get to stay home with. I am grateful that I am trusted to care for them, love them, laugh with them and hold them.  I know that this is my "time and season" to care for babies, not travel with my husband (as much as I would like), I don't get to exercise at my leisure, or do as I please for myself.  Instead I am changing LOTS of diapers, kissing "owies", cutting up apples, cleaning up mess after mess after mess, doing countless loads of laundry and sometimes getting them folded.  My babies are growing, growing very quickly and I know that I will someday miss there sweet hugs, slobbery kisses, silly giggles and their innocence.  I am forever in awe at the trust my Heavenly Father has put in me.  There is a lot of responsibility in caring for children.  I have nine of them that I must teach correct principles, be a good example to, love unconditionally, build their self esteem, discipline, encourage, correct, and make sure that they are happy.  It gets overwhelming.  But I am not asked to do this alone. I have an amazing partner at my side who is my strength, my support, my best friend.  I am grateful that my children are blessed with a loving, caring daddy who amazes me daily with his guidance, sacrifice, energy, happiness and unconditional love. 
 I am blessed.  I am grateful.  I am happy.

Life is Good

We moved the babies into Nicholas' room.  So now it's one big party!!  I am so surprised at how well they all do.  The first night they were in there and we put Nicholas to bed he said "GET THOSE OUT!"  But every since then they have loved it.  They talk and giggle for a while before going to sleep and then again when they wake up.  I think these three will be pretty good friends for life.  
(I still have decorating to do in this room)

I have learned this to be true, what a wise woman Sister Hinckley was.

“We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.”
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment