Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mommy Crazy?

Wow, wow, wow!!  You know the debate, which is worse the terrible twos or the terrible threes?  Lets just say as a combination...its AWESOME!  Seriously to have two two year olds and a three year old is both challenging, not super fun all the time and unique!  No matter what, there is always someone screaming, someone mad because he didn't get to close the door first or find the wipes before the other one or maybe just maybe got the last cookie (Heaven Forbid, we must always have three cookies left or NO ONE gets a cookie!)  It is absolutely exhausting, frustrating, hilarious and amazing all at the same time.  Have I mentioned diapers?  Not only do I have three in diapers (I have had a kid in diapers for 15 years straight, never a break between...now that's funny). I cannot keep my twin's diapers on. We have to duct tape them, put a onesie on backwards over the taped diaper and then clothes over that.  And 85% of the time they still get naked.  The other day I put them to bed for a nap.  An hour later they were still talking and laughing so I went in their room to see what was going on.  Not only did Chandler take off his soaked diaper but he managed to tear out the layer of the diaper that has the little crystals that absorb all liquid and threw those things all around the room.  It was every where.  So it wasn't like he peed on the floor it was like he peed on the ROOM!  We have gone through so much lysol that I should be getting a large discount from the company.  I have gone in their bedroom numerous time to find them both asleep, totally naked.  They have destroyed the blinds in their room, torn board books that we have had for 15 years that have lasted through 7 other children, to shreds.  I don't know what it is with twin boys, or maybe it's just my twin boys but they are partners in crime, so incredibly independant and they never cease to amaze.  I am grateful I had them last.  I think I have a lot more patience than I would have if they were my first.  I don't sweat the small stuff, it's just stuff. They make me laugh, a lot.   I love them to pieces!  They melt my heart. They love me, they love each other, they love their siblings.  They talk really well and are full of energy (I think we already established that).  They are like little parrots.  They copy everything I say and repeat it over and over, always  in the form of a question.  They love to say "Mommy Crazy?"over and over and over again.  All because I say "You make mommy crazy!"  When they are awake it is GAME ON!!  There is never a moment that you cannot know where they are.  They are busy and curious and nothing stops them or gets in their way.  They can climb, they can open and they love lotion.  The other day I came into my room to find Chayce covered in my Cetaphil cream, head to toe. And when he say me he said "Mommy, lotion? Lotion?" Because they always repeat things twice.  Never a dull moment.
  For FHE we built them a sandbox.  They love this sandbox.

 After dumping an entire container of salt out onto a cookie sheet.  They had fun with this for a long time. 

 Look who we found at Target?

 Basketball with Dad
(dad is amazing with his multi tasking skills, talking on the phone while shooting hoops)

 New hair cuts

 Chayce and Chandler climbing into the refridgerator and pulling out eggs.  

 I couldn't resist!

Reading to each other

No comments:

Post a Comment