Wednesday, March 2, 2011

7 Weeks

Chayce and Chandler at 7 weeks.
They are spending more time awake but still not sleeping more than 4 hours at a time at night, wish I could change that. They are still really good babies, a lot more alert during the daytime.
They should start smiling soon...I can't wait for that!


It gets pretty crazy some days when both babies are crying to eat, be cuddled, needing changed or to be burped. When that happens I sometimes call a neighbor and say "Wanna come hold a baby for 10 minutes?" So my neighbor, usually Bet Hawley will run over until things get a little more under control. Having twins is more time consuming than I ever imagined. And then you add my sweet 14 month old Nicholas in there and there is no times for anything but babies! I have to squeeze in a shower (when I am not too exhausted) at night which then results in an amazing display of bed head the next day which requires either wearing a hat or wetting down the "Do"! Laundry only gets done at night and it is just thrown in the machines and rarely gets folded. Grocery shopping only occurs if a neighbor, usually Sue Major comes over during the morning so I can sneak out for a quick trip to Maceys Grocery store. I have never had less time to worry about the way I look or smell, some days I don't even look in a mirror.
(Good thing I have a 13 year old daughter who takes care of that! She looks in the mirror more times in one day than I have this past year).
I do try to go over to my mom's house once a week for a change of scenery. That helps!
I know things around here will get more "routine" and I have to just let things go. It's hard sometimes but necessary.

This too shall pass...But hopefully not very quickly!

Big cousin Jake hanging out with Chayce and Chandler
in their "Valore Leisure Suits"

I love Daddy I love Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Just read your post to my kids for their goodnight story. They saw me looking at the pics and wanted to hear about the twins. Lil' Carl wanted me to tell you that he did not sleep very well when he was a baby either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely the cutest little things. Hang in there(like you have a choice) It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I seriously cannot imagine!!! I wish I was closer - I would do your laundry for you!!! And, hold babies, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont even know you but my heart goes out to you!When my twins were born I can remember feeling that insane lack of sleep, its so hard! And I only had one other to look out for, I cant imagine having 7 others! It looks like you are doing a great job and they are super cute babies! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete