Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumping Iron

I just received a phone call from my doctors office, Donna the nurse said "so do you want the good news or the bad news?" What? I didn't realize I had any news to get. She then told me that my diabetes test went great, I am at no risk for that. Which is good because right before I had to drink the glucose drink I ate a bowl of sugar cereal as well as a piece of chocolate cake. (I know I am the picture of health) Then I read the instructions on the bottle "do not eat anything with sugar in it before you drink this" Whoops! So I was a little nervous that my numbers would be off the chart. But she said that they get concerned with any number above 140 and my glucose registered at 80! So these babies must be eating up all of the sugar that I am consuming. Then she told me that the bad news is my iron is really low. Bummer! I am already taking a prenatal vitamin as well as an iron pill. Now I have to take two iron pills. Do you know what that can do for your bowel movements? Lets just say it can "slow the flow" quite a bit. Sorry if this is too much information! Apparently these babies are sucking all the sugar and the iron out of me. The good news is that is it! And this could be the reason that I am so exhausted...all of the time. It could be much worse...I will take the news of having to pop more pills and being a little constipated. My next appointment is in two weeks and my next ultra sound is in four weeks. Things are moving along quite nicely...well until that extra iron pill kicks in! Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment