Sunday, October 24, 2010

So Blessed and Loved...

Tonight as I was laying in bed and Chad was rubbing my feet I started to doze...Ding Dong! I thought I heard the door bell ring but I kind of thought it was in my soon to be dreams. Then Sydney my 8 year old comes running up stairs..."Didn't you hear the door bell ring?" So Chad went to see who was there. As I am lying in bed I can hear my kids say "what is with all of those boxes?" I immediately jump (as much as I can jump) out of bed to see what all the commotion is about. Chad and the kids start bringing in these boxes.

Now to back up a little bit, my good friend has a sister who had twin boys a couple years ago. This sister had saved all of her twin baby clothes which were in awesome condition and were darling, nice clothes. My friend had asked me if I wanted them, that her sister was willing to sell them all to me for a great price. I went over there to go through these clothes from ages 0-24 months. I loved them. All matching or coordinating darling boy clothes. I told my friend to please put them aside until I could afford to buy them from her.

This past week our family car (Ford Expedition) died...I mean really died. I was driving "Rose" which is what my kids have affectionately named our car and we have called it "Rose" since I can remember. When we found out what it was going to cost to fix her (rose) we were distraught! Since Chad has recently started a new business, money has been tight, Chad's business is picking up and will be awesome in the next little bit. There has just been a whole lot of expenses this last year that have been adding up. I have not been able to buy anything for these babies, I figured I would be able to soon. Friends in my ward have been asking me if I need anything, etc! Of course I say no and that we are great! Chad serves as the Bishop in our ward and we have received many blessings from his service in this calling. But nothing like the one we received tonight...Back to the Boxes.

As Chad and my kids are bringing in these boxes I look closely at them...Each box has a different age written on them, 0-3 month, 3-6 month etc. I soon discover that those boxes are filled with the baby clothes that my friend was storing for me. With them is a card. A sweet, wonderful card that contains cash. In this card was written :
Dear Cassie,
We know that you have been wanting and needing these clothes for the babies. So they are yours. Paid in full. With this extra money we want you to buy anything else the boys will need: Car seats, blessing outfits, coming home outfits, soft blankets, diapers etc. We want you to have fun shopping for the babies. We love you and can't wait to meet the babies.
Love Your Friends.

Wow! Talk about being completely overwhelmed. I began sobbing...not crying but sobbing. My kids all started crying. I don't even know if they knew why they were crying. It was the most unbelievable feeling of love, appreciation and gratitude that I have ever felt. We got down on our knees and thanked our Heavenly Father for this and for the generosity of some really great friends! I share this because I want to always remember my feelings at this moment and I want these boys to remember how much they are loved and looked forward to. I did know of one person who would know where and who these gifts came from. She told me that she would not tell me who did it but that there is a higher power looking out for our family and that someday she would tell me the story. I went downstairs and found my oldest daughter writing in her journal about this experience with tears flowing down her cheeks. What a sweet experience for my family to have. I feel so blessed and loved.
LIFE IS GOOD!!!

9 comments:

  1. This made me cry too. I love that you are experiencing and feeling such amazing blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ths made me cry...what a wonderful blessing for your family! What love you must feel from not onlyy your friends, but your Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good...and sooo faithful!!!! What a touching story, Cassie! You & your family are obviously adored by many in your community!! That is priceless....we have experienced such blessings as well from our friends. It is overwhelming & amazing!! I love the journaling idea! Your babies are loved dearly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve it Cas...it wasn't many years ago that you showed up on my doorstep with a lot of food for my family so I wouldn't have to worry through my pregnancy! You really do deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so nice. There is so much good in this world and we need to hear about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't hat "good friend" of yours the best!! Blessing always come when you need them and to those most humble to recieve them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cassie. . .this really touched my heart! Heavenly Father does watch out for us and takes care of us through the hands of others. You have such great friends who love and care about you. What a great blessing! It is good to hear stories like this in a world where you hear about so much bad going on. There really is a lot of good too ! Glad you were the recipient of it. . .it couldn't happen to a better family!

    ReplyDelete