Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting Organized...Not!!

Well now with the new twin clothes I have, I have had the desire to get myself organized. This is not happening as quickly as I would like. See we have every room in our home occupied and with that we have lots of dressers. Well not everyone's dresser is in their room. We have Max's dresser in Nicholas' room upstairs, Sydney's dresser is in where the computer is which is upstairs and both Max and Syd sleep down stairs with their brothers and sisters. And the babies...well their clothes are still in the boxes. My plan is to utilize every ounce of space in our home. So my friend lent me another dresser for a while to put the babies clothes in. So now I think the plan is to move Sydney's dresser downstairs in a little play area under our stairs and make her a "Syd the Kid" play/dressing room. Then eventually move Nicolas into the computer room and make that room his room. Then make Nicholas' room the babies room and Max's dresser will still be in there. Whew...I know that was a lot. So to move around and rotate all of the clothes doesn't seem that difficult right? Well it is harder than it seems, especially when Nicholas sleeps in the room that all of the rearranging needs to take place. He is still a morning and afternoon napper plus an early to bed goer. (love it, not complaining one bit).

But then...on top of trying to figure out our dressing and sleeping arrangements Nicholas became sick. I mean for a kid who sleeps so good he just wasn't. Chad and I went two nights with him up all night, one night we took turns sleeping. Chad was up with the baby from 11:00-2:30am and then I switched him and took the 2:30-6:00am shift. All he wanted to do was be held. That is not an easy task with a belly the size of mine. Though I loved it! Not that he was sick but that I could just snuggle with him and that is all he wanted. I knew he would feel better, that the ear infection would eventually go away but I did love that he wanted his mom to hold him. I love that!!! None of my other children have been snugglers like Nicholas is so I take advantage of these times. Now he is feeling better but he is still more cuddly than usual. I just hope he knows that he is loved and adored even when the other two babies come. I don't want him to grow up too fast, I truly take advantage of these times, I think with two more babies coming it has made me more aware of every sweet moment. I take the time to just play on the floor with him, make him giggle and just hold him. I absolutely adore this baby. As I have all of my babies, I am just more aware of all of the little things.

Sorry so random, just recording my thoughts. Next week I get another ultra sound and let me tell you I am sure enjoying the use of my handicap parking pass! It has made going to the store/doctors so much easier especially when I have to take the baby with me. Thanks to my doctor who could see my need!!! Happy November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment