Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chuggin along...

Today I had another ultra sound. I love theses days. The Ultra sound techs tell me that my babies look perfect! Baby A is 2 pounds 14 oz and Baby B is 2 pounds 13 oz. so almost three pounds each...that is great! They both look great, Baby A is breech right now so we do need him to turn around and head south here pretty soon. The goal is to get through the holidays and not deliver until January. My next ultrasound is in four weeks and my next doctor appointment is in two weeks. Then we will be seeing each other every week to make sure I do not start preterm labor. I can't believe how quickly time is flying.

On my way home from the doctor's today I did stop by Kohls and found two baby blankets that were too cute. They were my first twin baby purchase. Well unless you count the monster of a vehicle we just got over the weekend. Yup, we finally did it. We got the 12 passenger van we have talked about getting for years. Only I didn't think we actually would get one but the time has come and since we will be a family of 11 the van was a must. My kids love it and have affectionately named her "Rosey". It is nice to finally feel responsible for each child having their very own seat and seat belt. I imagine that we will have many wonderful family memories in this van and we are all so excited for our first road trip, hopefully in the spring. "Rosey"

Time is winding down, I still have a few weeks ahead of me but I am closing in. It's exciting, emotional and nerve wracking. I can't help but get teary eyed thinking of these two little guys waiting to join the crazy family that awaits them. We are all so excited and even though I have a baby I am more than over joyed to bring two more home. It's strange but I am already feeling like they are here. Their presence is already felt in a strange way, it will just be a natural welcome for them to come home, like they have been missing and now they are where they are supposed to be.
Now if we can figure out where everyone is going to sleep that would be awesome!
Life is Good!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I'm so glad everything is going so well! What a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everything is going great with these two little miracles, they are at a great weight and how awesome that they are about the same. It seems like with twins one tends to be smaller than the other! I had twin nieces born at about 27 weeks, both under 2 lbs, and they just turned 10. You are stronger than me and I admire you for your desire to have a large family and your positive outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete