Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feet First

Today I had another Doctor's appointment. Everything still looks great. No ultrasound today. I will have one for sure next week so we can see weather or not to schedule a c-section or a regular delivery. I hate to say "natural" delivery because I am not sure what that means. I am a BIG BELIEVER in pain medication. Yes I will have an Epidural, in fact I will walk in and request one before they even get my insurance information. To me that is a "natural" birth. It seems "natural" that one would request pain medication when there are two human beings about to come out of a very small place.

Any way both babies are still breech. Sigh. The doctor checked me and I am at a 1 which doesn't surprise me, I have never dialated on my own to anything larger than a 1. He also informed me that he could feel feet, I know kind of strange huh? So Baby A is definitely breech right now. Next week will be a big appointment. I can't wait to see these guys on ultra sound again and get an estimate on what they weigh and their size.

As for me, I am large. Not swelling yet which is awesome. The doctor kept poking me in unbelief of my lack of swelling, he told me to count my blessings...and believe me I have been! My back is hurting more and I am having a terrible time sleeping. But I am healthy and feeling pretty good. That right there is a blessing. Another blessing is one year ago today I delivered a healthy 8 pounds 2 ounce baby boy who has brought so much joy in my life. He is such a happy, special little guy who I think knew all along what was coming...It was crazy to be at the doctor's office today talking about scheduling the delivery of these two buddies on my babies first birthday.
Life is good and definitely unpredictable.

2 comments:

  1. I believe natural childbirth is not having ANY medication. But it is left for the true pioneers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie you are a piece of work!!! True Pioneer? Hmmm, not quite sure about that one...

    ReplyDelete