Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Big Blob

I am a blob. Yes a blob. I no longer clean, I rarely cook a decent meal. All I want to do is sleep or rest. These babies are definitely taking their toll on their mama. My bones ache, my back hurts. The babies are so low that my tail bone constantly aches and I always feel like I have to go potty...yes potty. I am so grateful that these babies are not in my ribs or up in my lungs like I had been warned about. I have asthma and I have NEVER been pregnant without coming down with pneumonia or bronchitis at least once during my pregnancy...talk about a HUGE blessing, I have stayed so healthy this pregnancy, not even a cold have I suffered with. I am so grateful that I have felt so great up until this point, which I still fell pretty good considering I am carrying two babies. I am still sleeping pretty good through the night which I find as a HUGE blessing.

Getting my Christmas shopping done has been another HUGE blessing. I go and go and go until my back cannot stand it any more and then I pay for it the next day by being exhausted. That is how I work. I would go NUTS if I was on bed rest...I don't rest well. I nap well but I don't rest well. But for the next three weeks or so (yes can you believe that we are on that short of a count down) I will have to take it easy. My body is telling me too. And I have to start listening. I don't want these babies to come any earlier than necessary. I am getting more and more nervous and excited for them. Yikes, I have never had such mixed feelings before, so much of the unknown is ahead. And if you know me very well I am not a very patient person, I want to see my future, NOW! It's nice to have Christmas to distract me as well as my baby Nicholas' first birthday three days later. Wow, what a great holiday season for our family. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment