Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday is a Special day...

First Ultra Sound Picture

Saturday is a special day because it's the day Cassie actually cleaned! I am not sure what came over me but I suddenly got inspired and I mopped my kitchen floor, washed baseboards and doors, bleached lots of things...it was amazing and so needed! So if anyone wants to come and see me hurry up and come because it won't stay this clean for very long!

I am hoping that that magic number of 12 really is magic. Since I am now 12 weeks and "they" say once you hit that 12 week point that things start looking up. Boy wouldn't that be nice...Let's keep our fingers crossed!

So I had a comment from a friend and she said that she wanted to hear how we found out we were having twins. So here is the story...

I thought that it was time for "that time" of the month and it just didn't come. I didn't keep track of the dates because I wasn't trying to get pregnant and so I really didn't know when to expect "Aunt Flo" to arrive. So I decided to take a pregnancy test just because it seemed like it had been a while. So I took it without telling Chad that I was even concerned because really I wasn't I figured that I am just kind of still irregular since I GAVE BIRTH JUST THREE MONTHS PRIOR!!! Well that pregnancy came back positive in 2.3 seconds and the lines were dark. I mean really really dark. I have taken many pregnancy tests in my day and I am always holding the results in the light to try and make out that thin little pale line. Not this time, I could have seen it in the dark...I WAS PREGNANT! I showed the test to Chad and he was thrilled...I was not surprised.

So a Doctor appointment was made for a few weeks later, mean while I kept getting bigger and bigger. Chad told me that there was no way I was going to be able to hide this pregnancy for very long. That my body was going right back into large pregnancy mode since IT HAD JUST BEEN THERE.

So the day for my appointment came, I still had not told anyone but by this time I was wearing maternity pants, capris and skirts. I just figured my body knew what to do and it was doing it but rather early. Well the doctor wanted to do an ultra sound to figure out my due date since I could not remember the day of my last period. So he brought in his little machine and began going over my belly. Well his face got a concerned look on it and so I watched it and the ultra sound machine. He showed me the heart beat and then his eyebrows became quite furrowed. I looked at the monitor and I could see something additional next to the one with a heart beat. I asked him "Um...what is that?" Dr. Hansen said "um give me a minute, I am not sure" I said "Is that another one?" and he said "Well, lets get you down to the ultra sound room and lets get a closer look" WHAT! A CLOSER LOOK AT WHAT?

So off I went to the Ultra sound room. They decided to do an internal ultra sound...fun huh! Any how sure enough, the technician said..."Hmmm I think there is two in there, but let me make sure" Well now to find out why my Dr wouldn't give me a straight answer was because initially he was worried. He couldn't see any sac around the second baby. But with the internal machine they could see that there is one placenta and two sacs with two strong heart beats in them. Both beating at 163.

I walked back up to my doctors office, showed my results to Dr. Hansen. He hugged me...I cried...He wanted to know if I was going to be ok...I didn't think I had a choice...WOW TWO BABIES!!! I made him call Chad with the news, Chad almost fainted and had to pull his car over (he called him on his cell while he was driving) Chad thought he was kidding...NOPE, NO JOKE!

I then called my mom. She wasn't home, I called her cell phone, she was at the church helping with a funeral. I walked into the kitchen at the church and asked her to please come outside with me. I handed her the Ultra sound picture...Her response "What, you are not pregnant again are you?" I said "Mom, look a little closer" She examined the picture..."Oh my, is that two?" I said yes. She then said "I guess I should put my house up for sale and move away from you" Nice! That isn't exactly what I wanted to hear but I was not surprised. She of course was kidding. She was thrilled. She asked me if she could PLEASE call my sisters and tell them. I said sure. So she did.

I can't say that it has truly sunk in yet, it is starting too...if I could just see those two little heart beats again that would help, I was so in shock the first time. Well I hope I did not bore you with all of my details. It will be nice someday to remember exactly how I found out so thanks Heather for requesting "my story".

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So amazing! So since there's one placenta that means identical, right? You'll be busy but it'll be so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already knew the story and I still thought it was fun to read it:) Your house looked very nice yesterday, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhhh!!!! thanks for the story. I am a mush and got teary eyed! I think that is so awesome! Gosh- what a blessing! Okay, so here is my guess, if there is only one placenta, then I think they are IDENTICAL!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K - I've got tears in my eyes here. I know you called me with the news, but I'm reliving this again and sister dear, I do love you! I love that you're doing this with such an amazing attitude and I love that you are such a good mom anyway and I love that you have given me, thus far, seven incredibly beautiful and lovely and funny and fantastic nieces and nephews and these two little critters that are your last already have such a HUGE spot on my heart and I cannot wait to meet them. My only regret is that I'm not there to help you. I really wish I could be. I love you Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing detailed pregnancy stories...thanks for sharing!! I love your emphasis on "my body was just there" & "gave birth just 3 months prior"..hahaha girl ~ YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete