Friday, July 16, 2010

Time to Eat...Again??

I know I said in my last post how worried I am. I still am. Funny little pains and cramps always make me wonder what is going on inside me. Oh I seriously can't wait for that ultra sound, I am making myself crazy!!!

In the mean time I am still trying to figure out what to eat. I usually start my morning with something very bland like toast. I have been one to only buy wheat bread but lately I can't even do the wheat. It is either a white piece of bread with just a little butter or a plain bagel. How boring. Then about an hour later I am starving. Sigh. Now what should I eat? I sometimes go for an apple or some fruit. Last night I made homemade salsa I got the recipe from HERE. I try to make homemade salsa every week because my kids love it as a snack with chips and I am very ok with that!!! Any time they can get vegis in them I love it! So for lunch we made Nachos. Not the healthiest option but none the less an option I could eat and with that homemade salsa I must say it was quite tasty! It actually tasted good. So just now again I began my starvation mode and thought, "I haven't had a bit of protein today." Not great for my energy or my growing babies, so I opted for a Chocolate Milkshake with skim milk and peanut butter. Another not so healthy choice but it too tasted quite delicious and gave me quite a bit of protein.

My sister in law Shellie just invited us over for a dinner of homemade tacos tonight...YEAH for Shellie!!! I don't have to cook and my kids don't have to complain of another night of cold cereal or bean burritos. (for the six days a week I don't cook) I used to cook every night and it was good food, not so much lately, it just isn't happening.

So today's meals are figured out, it is pretty pathetic that my day is measured by what I am going to eat next...it's a big pain especially when you don't look forward to eating and are eating out of pure necessity. Wow I never would have thought those words would come out of my mouth. I was always the mom baking cookies and brownies every day so my kids and their friends would have delicious homemade goodness at their finger tips. NOPE...Not now any way, the thought of those treats or the little bit of effort that would be involved in actually making them just makes my stomach turn...my poor family...I just keep telling them
"this too shall pass!"

2 comments:

  1. I am SO with you. I have to eat about every 2 hours when I'm pregnant and I get so sick of it. Nothing ever looks good. This pregnancy I live off of cereal. We have about 15 different kinds at the moment so I don't get sick of eating just one kind. Good luck! Only 6 months left of meals. :-) Lauree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie- you should take monthly pics in the same clothes and at the same location! I can't wait to see how your body changes with twins!!! Also- you have to post ultrasound pics! I would also love to hear the story about HOW you found out it was twins...

    ReplyDelete